Answers From Our Expert: Insurance & Finances
Q: Are you aware of a website and/or specific infomation that is patient-friendly and explains about Medicare payment for diabetes supplies?
A: There are several resources for education about diabetes, including information about what Medicare covers:
- The National Diabetes Education Program has patient information on diabetes in English, Spanish, and Asian languages.
- The National Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases website lists several booklets that can be ordered or downloaded.
- The National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse has information on financing diabetes treatment.
- Medicare & You 2003 has information about Medicare coverage of diabetes supplies and services on page 10.
- The Medicare website is has a new search tool to let you search by state and by coverage topic, including diabetes supplies and services.
Do you have a question for our expert? Ask it here!