Tips & Stories
- Exercise - You Can Do It!
- Travel Tips
- Living, Not Just Surviving with ESRD
- Covering Your Hemodialysis Access
- Quick and Easy Thirst Quencher
- Don't Forget Your Survival Kit
- The Confessions of a Renal Tippler
- Take Control of Your Health and Your Life
- Create Your Own PD Pouch
- Attention New Patients
- Thirst Starts in the Mind!
- Dealing with Grief When You Have ESRD
- Inserting Your Own Needles
- Creative Bag Warming
- Volunteering, Better Than a Drug
- Squeezeball Songs for Fistula Development
- Tips for Skin Care
- Express Cooking
- Peer Counseling Eases Stress
- When Your Thirst Is at Its Worst
- Having a Baby on Dialysis
- Does Low Energy Keep You from Working?
- Positive Outlook Leads to Healthy Activities
- Transcendental Meditation - Mental Dialysis
- Bonding Dialysis with Exercise
- More Creative Bag Warming for CAPD Patients
- Everyone Benefits from the Knowledge Chain
- Showing your Team Spirit!
- Newsletter Motivates Patients
- The Magic of Being Heard
- Spray Bottle Helps Limit Fluids
- Getting PT Services for Your Patients
- What Physical Therapy Can Do - One Patient's Story
- Healthy Competition Can Lead to Healthy Habits
- Contest Inspires Patients to Reach Treatment Goals
- S.H.A.R.E.—The Motivation Association
- Motivational Tools for Exercise
- Wellness Challenge Benefits Patients and Staff
- Exercise - Different Levels Match Everyone's Needs
- Nephro-Glider Patients Support Each Other
- Monthly Education Benefits Patients and Staff
Have a tip or story you would like to share? Submit it here!
The main purpose of the Professionals’ & Patients’ stories is to allow sharing of information among members of the renal community. Inclusion of strategies and tips does not imply endorsement by the Life Options Rehabilitation Program or the Life Options Rehabilitation Advisory Council (LORAC).
Information displayed in either category is not intended as a substitute for medical counseling or other professional advice, and should not be considered as such. Patients are encouraged to check with their physicians if they have any questions.